In support of the American Concrete Institute’s mission, ACI has recently published its first six position statements. These position statements support policy positions, and state, federal, and international programs, rules, and regulations.
The Institute’s position statements are focused on advocacy efforts related to code development and adoption; and future statements may focus on other ACI programs, services, and activities. Current positions statements include:
- Current Code and Standard Adoption – Encourage the adoption and/or use of current building codes and standards.
- Adoption of ACI Documents Without Modifications – Encourage the adoption and use of ACI products, including but not limited to codes and standards without modification.
- Acceptance of ACI Certification Programs – Support acceptance of sampling, testing, inspection, and installation of concrete and related products and materials; and encourage the use of certification programs developed and administered by professional societies in lieu of programs developed and administered by other entities; and support mandates or otherwise place preference on accreditation of individuals and entities engaged in providing services related to concrete and concrete products.
- Concrete Knowledge – Support research, technological advancements, and dissemination of concrete technology; and channel through, directed to, or otherwise engage ACI and/or the ACI Foundation.
- Enhanced Resilience – Encourage or establish criteria related to enhancing the resiliency of the built environment; and where appropriate, engage ACI and/or the ACI Foundation to facilitate programs and activities related to the role of concrete technology in achieving enhanced resiliency.
- Sustainability – Encourage or establish criteria related to enhancing the sustainability of the built environment; and where appropriate, engage ACI and/or the ACI Foundation to facilitate programs and activities related the role of concrete technology in achieving enhanced sustainability.
„These position statements provide a vehicle for the American Concrete Institute to advocate on issues of code development and code adoption in support of our expanded mission,” states Steve Szoke, ACI Advocacy Engineer.
“The Institute has used and will continue to use these statements to align ACI efforts with other industry organizations to more effectively influence programs, policies, rules, and regulations related to concrete and concrete technology,” continues ACI Advocacy Engineer, Kerry Sutton.
Learn more and view all position statements at concrete.org/positions.
For more information, contact:
American Concrete Institute | Always advancing
Always advancing – Founded in 1904 with a headquarters in Farmington Hills, MI, USA, and a regional office in Dubai, UAE, the American Concrete Institute is a leading authority and resource worldwide for the development, dissemination, and adoption of its consensus-based standards, technical resources, educational & training programs, certification programs, and proven expertise for individuals and organizations involved in concrete design, construction, and materials, who share a commitment to pursuing the best use of concrete. For additional information, visit concrete.org.