NEx: An ACI Center of Excellence for Nonmetallic Building Materials is pleased to announce funding availability and sponsorship of 11 new projects coming in 2023. These projects regard Research and Development, Standards and Guidelines, and Professional Development. All funded projects aim to further NEx’s mission to collaborate globally to drive research, education, awareness, and adoption of Nonmetallic building materials. NEx invites proposals for any of the following projects:
Research and Development:
- RD23.01 Proposed Testing and Acceptance Criteria for GFRP Bar Couplers
- RD23.02 The Use of Synthetic Macrofibers to Improve Crack Control and Water Tightness in Environmental Structures
- RD23.04 Conduct State of the Art Study and Develop Recommendations to Address Fire Endurance/Resistance of Pultruded Structural Members
- RD23.05 Study and Improve Fire Endurance/Resistance of Polymer Concrete
- RD23.06 Developing a Fire Testing Program for FRP Structural Concrete
Standards and Guidelines:
- SG23.01 Develop Polymer Soil Stabilization Guideline
- SG23.02 Develop Guideline for Bendable Concrete
- SG23.03 Develop Guideline for FRP Dowels
- SG23.04 Develop Guideline for FRP Composite Mesh in Concrete
- PD23.02 Develop and Deliver Introductory Material (Guest Lecture) for Universities on Nonmetallics in Building and Construction
- PD23.03 Develop a 5-Day Course for Nonmetallics in Building and Construction
Please email proposals and supporting information to firstname.lastname@example.org. Further instructions can be found by clicking the links provided above or by visiting nonmetallic.org/projects. The submission deadline for project proposals is end of day, October 5, 2022. If you have any further questions regarding the proposal requirements or process, please contact NEx Technical Director, Aparna Deshmukh (email@example.com).
In addition to these Requests for Proposals, NEx looks to draw additional partners from leading government agencies, technical societies, standard bodies, and manufacturers. To learn more about how NEx is advancing nonmetallics and to get involved, visit nonmetallic.org.
NEx: An ACI Center of Excellence for Nonmetallic Building Materials, was established in 2021 by the American Concrete Institute with Aramco as its founding member. The Center, based at ACI World Headquarters in Farmington Hills, Michigan, USA, accelerates the use of nonmetallic materials and products in construction, leveraging ACI’s role as a world-leading authority and resource for the development, dissemination, and adoption of consensus-based standards for concrete design, construction and materials. The Center’s membership is open to government agencies, industries, technical societies, standard bodies, manufacturers, and contractors. To learn more, visit www.nonmetallic.org.