The American Concrete Institute (ACI) Resource Center will open on May 1, 2021, in San Bernardino, CA, USA. To carry out and facilitate programming and further access to ACI knowledge, the Institute recently hired Sarah Mauri as Resource Center Manager. Mauri will lead the effort at the Southern California Resource Center, offering regularly scheduled and on-demand certification programs, educational seminars, and hands-on training.
Mauri is a former examiner for several ACI certification programs and brings extensive experience in testing of construction materials in the laboratory and in the field. Prior to joining ACI, she served as a lead inspector and auditor with ASTM’s Cement and Concrete Reference Laboratory (CCRL), with knowledge related to fresh and hardened concrete, aggregates for use in concrete, cementitious materials, grouts and masonry testing. Mauri holds numerous certifications from ACI and is a member of both the ACI San Diego and ACI Southern California chapters. She received a Bachelor of Science in Physics from Westminster College.
“As regional demand for access to ACI offerings such as certification, education, and hands-on training continues to grow in Southern California, the ACI Resource Center will serve as a place for the trades, engineers, contractors, designers and more to advance their concrete knowledge,” stated Ronald G. Burg, PE, Executive Vice President, American Concrete Institute. “With Sarah’s vast experience as an inspector and familiarity in administering ACI certification programs, we are pleased to have her on board delivering ACI knowledge.”
Nearly 70 events are scheduled through the end of the year at the ACI Resource Center – Southern California, including certification programs, educational seminars, and hands-on training.
Upcoming programs at the ACI Resource Center – Southern California include:
- May 3: ACI Concrete Field Testing Technician – Grade I Certification
- May 7: ACI Adhesive Anchor Installer Certification
- May 17-18: ACI Concrete Field Testing Technician – Grade I Certification
- May 20: ACI Adhesive Anchor Installer Certification
- May 21: ACI Post-Installed Concrete Anchor Installation Inspector Certification
- May 24-25: ACI Cement Physical Tester Certification
- June 7-8: ACI Concrete Field Testing Technician – Grade I Certification
- June 10: ACI Adhesive Anchor Installer Certification
- June 11: ACI Post-Installed Concrete Anchor Installation Inspector Certification
- June 18: ACI Self-Consolidating Concrete Testing Technician Certification
- June 21-22: ACI Concrete Field Testing Technician – Grade I Certification
- June 24: ACI Adhesive Anchor Installer Certification
Additional details on further programming at the ACI Resource Center – Southern California are being developed now and will be posted to the ACI Events Calendar. Please visit concrete.org/socalresourcecenter for updates and further announcements.
ACI Resource Center – Southern California
350 E. Commercial Road, Suite 102
San Bernardino, CA, USA
For more information, contact:
Always advancing – The American Concrete Institute is a leading global authority for the development, dissemination, and adoption of its consensus-based standards, technical resources, and educational, training, & certification programs. Founded in 1904, ACI is headquartered in Farmington Hills, Michigan, USA, with a regional office in Dubai, UAE, and a resource center in Southern California. Visit concrete.org for additional information.