The ACI Concrete Conference on Sustainability & Durability will take place virtually on 16-17 November 2020. Hosted by the American Concrete Institute with support from the ACI UAE Chapter and the ACI Saudi Arabian Chapter, Eastern Province, this free two-day conference will focus on issues of interest to concrete professionals from the Middle East and beyond.
Renowned experts will share their insights on research and practical applications to improve concrete sustainability and durability, with specific presentations including:
- Supplemental Cementitious Materials for Durable and Sustainable Concrete; presented by Fouad Yazbeck, MACI
- Adaptive and Resilient Engineering for Climate Change; presented by Julie K. Buffenbarger, FACI, LEED AP BD+C
- Durability Design Using Service Life Prediction; presented by Kyle Stanish, PhD, SE, PE
- Sustainability and the ACI Building Code: Plans for the 2025 Edition of ACI 318; presented by Andrew W. Taylor, PhD, SE
- Fiber Reinforced Polymer Composite Bars for Sustainable Concrete Structures in the Arabian Gulf Region; presented by Mesfer El Zahrani, PhD, and Muhammad K. Rahman, PhD
- Impact of Using Fiber Reinforced Polymer on Concrete Durability and Sustainability; presented by Antonio Nanni, PhD, PE
- Improved Sustainability Through Durability Design; presented by R. Douglas Hooton, PhD, PE, Hon MACI
- Sustainability and Durability in the Egyptian Building Code; presented by Tamer Elafandy, PhD
- Migrating Corrosion Inhibitors for Durable Reinforced Concrete Structures; presented by Shadi Hindaileh, PE
- Building a Sustainable Future, Green Sense Concrete; presented by Daniel Touma
Additional speakers include ACI President Jeffrey W. Coleman, PE, FACI; Stephen Szoke, PE, FACI, FASCE, FSEI, LEED AP, ACI Code Advocacy Engineer; and Ahmad Mhanna, ACI Middle East Regional Director.
The ACI Concrete Conference on Sustainability & Durability is being presented by event partners Cortec Middle East and Master Builders Solutions, a brand of MBCC Group. Registration details for this free event are available at concrete.org/2020Conference.
Always advancing – The American Concrete Institute is a leading global authority for the development, dissemination, and adoption of its consensus-based standards, technical resources, and educational, training, & certification programs. Founded in 1904, ACI is headquartered in Farmington Hills, Michigan, USA, with a regional office in Dubai, UAE, and a resource center in Southern California. Visit concrete.org for additional information.